Welcome to the Townhouse
Built around 1870 for the neighbouring St David's Church, the Victorian Grade II Listed Townhouse has undergone refurbishment bringing the guest house up to date with period and contemporary features. The Townhouse is set in a quiet corner of Exeter city centre yet just a few minutes stroll from the stunning Cathedral, the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, the Quayside, shopping centres, pubs, restaurants, university and train stations.
Our nine stylish rooms range from singles to kingsize and have the following facilities:
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms
- Flat screen LCD TV
- USB charger socket for phones and tablets
- Double glazed windows
- Fair Trade teas and ground coffee with biscuits
- Crisp white bed linen
- En-suite shower rooms (Room #7 has a private bathroom)
- Complementary toiletries
- Fluffy towels
- Iron and ironing board available
- Amazing breakfasts included in the price of the room
- Resident J-zone street parking permits free of charge (1 permit per room per night (additional permits are available at a cost of £3 per permit) - parking is from 12 noon on day of issue to 12 noon the following day) or guaranteed off street parking at £5 (only two guaranteed parking spaces)
- If you book direct with us (either by telephone or website) you can check in from 12 noon. If your room is not ready, luggage can be left with us. On check out luggage can be left with us free of charge up to 1pm (£3 per item thereafter). As a thank you for not using a booking agency, you will receive a complimentary box of chocolates to enjoy in your room.
- If you use a 3rd party (i.e. booking.com) to book, check in is strictly from 3pm. If you arrive before 3pm, we will not be able to check you in, supply a parking permit or look after your luggage. (If you really need to arrive before 3pm, we can do this, but there will be an additional cost of £10 per room to cover costs of an early check in). You will be charged £3 per item if you want us to look after your luggage after check out.
We want your stay at the Townhouse to be as comfortable and memorable as possible and we are on hand to make sure your needs are met. In saying that, we would advise that the Townhouse is a guest house and not a 24 hour service hotel and you will be a guest staying in our house.
We have been awarded the 2016 Certificate of Excellence by Tripadvisor and the Food Standards Agency has awarded us 5 stars - the highest possible food hygiene rating.
Please see "Additional Information" on our "Rooms and Breakfast" page for full information on our no pets policy and our no stag or hen party policy.