Townhouse is renowned for tasty breakfasts & we want to maintain that reputation. Adapting to the ‘new normal’ has presented a few challenges for us, but also given us a few opportunities that our guests have welcomed.
So we are no longer just about tasty breakfasts in the morning…but tasty breakfasts in your pyjamas!
And fancy a glass before dinner? We are now about the delights & libations of our relaxed, private residents wine bar – The Monkey Lounge.
Chef Ken has re-designed our breakfast menu for in-room dining – whether in bed or at the bedroom table. Start each morning with a fresh made, fresh baked, tasty continental-styled breakfast hamper delivered to your door. A tempting trio of goodies all chosen by you – pastries, breakfast pots, treats & more. You will be spoiled!
If booking on a B&B basis, below is a sample of each morning offers (subject to change):
- Fresh baked pastries with your choice of jams and/or butter
- Chef-prepared breakfast yogurt pots, with a selection of topping mixtures –
– Mix of chopped nuts, pecans & maple-glazed blueberries
– Orange slices, dry cranberries, seeds & raspberry coulis
– Coconut, GF chia, blueberry, seeds & mango coulis
– Cashews, raisins, seeds & a drizzle of honey
- Townhouse Treat – banana walnut bread, lemon drizzle or Devon apple cake
- Choice of fresh coffee, teas & juices.
Vegan and gluten-free alternatives to choose from as well*.
The ‘new normal’ was a challenge for our dining room, but an opportunity for a private, early evening residents wine bar. We call it The Monkey Lounge.
A relaxed, intimate space for our guests to enjoy a pre-dinner glass of red or beer, or simply a delightful splash of bubbles. Open daily from 3pm until 8pm.
- A selection of wine, bubbles & beer
- Light bar snacks available
- Enjoy in the lounge or take back to your room
- ‘Room Only’ rates – do not include breakfast. Breakfast can be added at check-in (subject to availability).
- Breakfast is delivered to your door in an insulated hamper for whenever you are ready to eat from – 7:30am weekdays and 8am weekends / bank holidays.
- *Special dietary requirements, allergies or intolerances? It’s essential that you inform us of these at least 2 days before your stay.
- Open daily from 3pm to 8pm for pre-dinner drinks.
- Drinks available for room.
- Registered guests only. Non-guests by permission.
- Private functions by arrangement
Townhouse Exeter proudly maintains a 5-star rating with the Foods Standards Agency.