Townhouse is renowned for tasty breakfasts & we want to maintain that reputation. Adapting to the ‘new normal’ has presented a few challenges for us, but also given us a few opportunities that our guests have welcomed.
So we are no longer just about tasty breakfasts in the morning…but tasty breakfasts in your pyjamas!
And before or after dinner? We are now about the delights & libations of our relaxed, private residents wine bar – The Monkey Lounge.
Chef Ken has re-designed our breakfast menu for in-room dining. Start each morning with a fresh made, fresh baked, tasty continental-styled breakfast hamper delivered to your door. A tempting trio of goodies all chosen by you – pastries, breakfast pots, treats & more. You will be spoiled!
If booking on a B&B basis, below is a sample of each morning offers (subject to change):
- Fresh baked pastries with your choice of jams and/or butter
- Chef-prepared breakfast yogurt pots, with a selection of topping mixtures –
– Nuts & maple-glazed blueberries
– Fruit, seeds & raspberry coulis
– Coconut, seeds / nuts & mango coulis
– Granola & honey
- Townhouse Treat – banana walnut bread, lemon drizzle or orange polenta cake
- Choice of fresh coffee, teas & juices.
Vegan and gluten-free alternatives to choose from as well*.
The ‘new normal’ was a challenge for our dining room, but an opportunity for a private, early evening residents wine bar. We call it The Monkey Lounge.
A relaxed, socially distanced space for our guests to enjoy a quiet glass of red or the delight of bubbles, before or after dinner. Open most evenings until 9 or 10pm.
- A selection of wine, bubbles & beer
- Light bar snacks available
- Enjoy in the lounge or take back to your room
- ‘Room Only’ rates – do not include breakfast. Breakfast can be added at check-in (subject to availability).
- Breakfast is delivered to your door in an insulated hamper for whenever you are ready to eat from – 7:30am weekdays and 8am weekends / bank holidays.
- *Special dietary requirements, allergies or intolerances? It’s essential that you inform us of these at least 2 days before your stay.
- Wednesdays to Saturdays, 5pm to 9 or 10pm
- Registered guests only. Non-guests by permission only.
- Social distancing measures in place
- Private functions by arrangement
Townhouse Exeter proudly maintains a 5-star rating with the Foods Standards Agency.